I'll be giving out helpful tips and fabrics I used in this journal entry. Note, I made my own patterns. If you have any specific questions you can comment here or send me a note.
If you use any of my ideas it would be nice if you credit me
Journal entry on default outfit and bow-blade found here: yuuri-k.deviantart.com/journal…-updated Sept. 23, 2012-
I used Stretch Hemp Rayon 2 x 1 Rib Knit Natural fabric. It's very stretchy and has a snugly fit to the body, no zipper was used for this outfit. I lined the dress with the same rib knit fabric and I connected the hood to the dress. The hood is lined with Kona Cotton Peach fabric. The peach looking arrow detailing on the hood was ironed on with heat n' bond. I connected the peach bow on the middle of where the hood starts. The bottom of the dress has a small peach skirt which I hand sewed some parts of the small skirt to the main dress. Lastly, the peach fabric was sewn on to the sleeves by cutting out triangle shapes on both fabrics - I don't like this part. At the bottom of the dress I made my own scallops. I punched holes with an eyelet plier. I recommend using a stretchable black string to go through the holes. I had a hard time moving around because the string I used wouldn't stretch. I made wrist cuffs made out of the same fabric as the jacket. I did not want to make a long sleeve shirt under the dress, the dress is already warm as it is.
I used Wool Suiting Moss Green fabric. To get the puffy sleeves I recommend searching tutorials on the internet, I won't be explaining this part. I finished up making the base of the jacket first and cut out a slit on the sleeve (you could see a detailed view above). I then used pliers for the eyelets (I used rub n' buff gold) and string a thin ribbon (also painted with mixed silver-green metallic acrylic paint). Square Enix always has crazy immense details, so I couldn't get all the "flowery details" on the jacket. I tried getting close up shots when playing the game, but it was never enough. I used tullip fabric paint for the "flowery details". I had to draw the details on foil first, paint it silver-green metallic, cut it out with an exacto knife, then glued on to the jacket with Krazy glue. If you get green fabric paint you could draw it on the jacket instead of doing the longer process I went through. The middle piece on the jacket closes and opens the jacket via Nickel Sew-On Snaps. The piece was first created with craft foam for the raised details to show up and covered (by hot glue) with a brown-green fabric I had laying around. The wooden buttons where made using DAS clay (I used an exacto knife to make the grooves), mod podged, painted with brown metallic paint, weathered, and glued on with Krazy glue. The little line detail on top of the wooden button was made with hot glue and then painted with silver-green metallic acrylic paint.
I made it into a small turtleneck tank top because I did not want to die from heat. I used Tencel Jersey Knit Dark Grey fabric and heat n' bond the details (I used same fabric used for the jacket). The top connects via Velcro.
I used craft foam. For the brown band I used an exacto knife for the grooves and cut out a strip of craft foam for the raised detail (hot glued on). I then painted with brown metallic acrylic paint, weathered, then varnished. The next piece on top of the brown band is sort of a upside down heart shape in my opinion (I wore it wrong, ignore that it's not upside down). To get it a little round I heat up the craft foam and put over an object that's round, like a small ball. For the raised details I used craft foam and hot glue it on. I painted with silver-green metallic acrylic paint, weathered, varnished, and then hot glue it on to the brown band. The armlet connects via Velcro.
I used craft foam and faux leather. I painted the leather with textile medium, silver-green and light peach acrylic paint and punched holes with an eyelet plier. The gold details are made out of craft foam (same technique used as the armlet), mod podged, painted with gold acrylic paint, weathered, and varnished. The belt connects via Velcro.
Thigh High Stockings
Well, leg warmers in my case since I didn't have enough fabric. I used the same rib knit fabric from the dress. For the top shape I used craft foam and sewn on to the fabric. The peach fabric strip was heat n' bond to the rib knit fabric. Serah wears dark grey pantyhose underneath the thigh stockings, I wore grey spanx that worked out fine.
I used cardboard for most of the armor and raised details with craft foam. The very bottom is only craft foam. The armor should move with gold fastener I added, but I painted and varnished when the top half and bottom half were together... which made the armor immovable. I need to think up of a better way to put on this armor because it loved to slip off every time I walked. The way I made it is not perfect but I used leather painted strips (Krazy glued on to the armor) and buckles. Mod podge first and I don't remember what paints I mixed for this armor, but I think I used a mix of yellow, peach, silver, and green acrylic paint. Then I weathered the armor with brown paint, not black, and varnished.
I cut out old boots I had and Krazy glued on craft foam details and used fabric paint for the little details. I couldn't see all the details on this boot from the game, so I came up with whatever looked cool. The boots are painted with silver-green metallic acrylic paint mixed with textile medium, weathered with brown paint, then varnished.